Design Process Explained.
Blueprint for Green Design.
Sustainable Homes.
Contact us.



Planning Permission


Before any works can commence you will require working drawings, the person you appoint to prepare these is referred to as your “Agent.” The drawings will be submitted to your Local Planning Authority (LPA) where planning permission is required and also for Building Regulations approval (see below). Your appointed builder will require working drawings. These enable your builder to fully understand exactly what is proposed and ensure no mistakes are made during the build. They also clarify how the project will progress for both you and the builder, allow your builder to provide an accurate quotation and a programme that both you and your builder are comfortable with. The time it takes to obtain Planning Permission will depend on the size and complexity of your project.


Building Regulations


Building Regulations are the requirements laid down by parliament to ensure that all building work is carried out according to certain acceptable standards. These include, Health and Safety, structural compliance, energy efficiency, ease of access and use by the disabled and fire safety. Building Regulations are compulsory and must be approved by your Local Authority or an organisation registered to ensure compliance with Building Control.


Structural Calculations


Structural Calculations are necessary where a supporting wall is being removed or where the proposed structure is fabricated in such a way that it requires structural support. These are precisely calculated by a qualified Structural Engineer as part of the “working drawings” and must then be as part of the approval process, approved by your Local Authority or an organisation registered to ensure compliance with Building Control.


Party Wall Agreement


Where your property adjoins another property and work is to be carried out; on an existing wall or structure shared with another property, astride the boundary of a neighbouring property or where you are excavating near a neighbouring building, then the Party Wall Act will apply. You will need to notify the relevant neighbour(s) of you intention to carry out work on the boundary/party wall. In some instances your neighbour(s)  will want to instruct their own Party Wall Surveyor but where necessary, we can provide this service as part of your design package.


Design and Build


Where required we can recommend and/or work alongside a reputable building contractor to provide a seamless Design and Build service. We work closely with a small number of proven, reliable companies who provide a high quality finish with reliability and have a responsible attitude towards Health and Safety.


Planning Appeals


We have a 100% success rate in overturning planning refusals. Contact us for a free appraisal of your case.


Project Management

We can tailor make a package that suits you, your project and your budget. Contact us to discuss further.


Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)


We can provide an EPC if you want to find out how energy efficient your home is before you plan your project. In most cases it is essential for letting or selling purposes.


07530 514123